Adding a username to your Page makes it easier for people to find your business, brand or organization’s presence on Facebook. Your Page web address can be used in marketing communications, company website and business cards. You can customize your Facebook Page web address by selecting a unique username. It will appear in the location bar of your browser after “https://www.facebook.com/” when you view your Page (ex: https://www.facebook.com/IntergalacticWebDesigners).
To add a username to your Page:
- From the top of your Page, click Edit Page
- Select Update Info
- Click Create a username for this page? in the Username section
- Enter a new username and click Check Availability
- If the username you want is available, click Confirm to save it
If the username you want is already taken or not approved, you’ll need to pick a different one. Make sure the username you’re trying to claim follows Facebook’s guidelines for custom usernames.
- You can’t claim a username someone else is already using.
- Choose a username you’ll be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable and you can only change your username once.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Periods (“.”) and capitalization don’t count as a part of a username. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters long and cannot contain generic terms.
- Your username must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your business or it needs “help”, contact us and we’d be happy to offer assistance. We can create graphics packages to provide a consistent branding for your website, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube accounts, including setup and configuration of the accounts if needed.
“Figure Showing Thumb Up With Like” by Master isolated images / FreeDigitalPhotos.net